Who2Start.com’s featured writer Kyle Holmes takes a look at Week 8 around the NFL.
Who2Start.com – your source for personalized fantasy football advice!
- Just when you started thinking “Wow, the Ravens really are that bad” they came back from a 24-3 deficit.
- On one drive, Flacco threw to Boldin seven times in a row and he caught four of them for eighty yards.
With the pass interference called in the endzone, Ray Rice promptly stole the TD from him. For the third time that game.
- Beanie Wells has to be the best “questionable” running back of all time.
- Kevin Kolb is doubtful for Week 9. But mainly because he’s tired of being yelled at.
- Cam Newton continuing his monster rookie campaign – 290 passing yards, 3 TDs, and 53 yards on the ground.
Needless to say, Olindo Mare won’t be included in his Rookie of the Year acceptance speech.
- If you told me last week we’d be talking about a young, Christian QB who won a tough match up – I probably would have guessed Tebow.
Christian Ponder’s second start: 18/28, 236 yards, 1 TD and more importantly – the W.
- I’m not really a baseball fan, but I support the World Series when it prevents Joe Buck from being in the booth on Sundays.
- The NFC East would be the best conference in the NFL to watch if it weren’t for Buck and Aikman calling every other game…
- The Texans’ Battle Reds have to be the most unintimidating jerseys in the NFL.
- Josh Scobee, aka the Jaguars’ best player, had his 15 game FG streak come to an end.
- The Texans are winning, but boy do they need Andre Johnson back. So do his fantasy owners.
After telling the media he was at 75%, AJ asked “‘Who wants to go out on the field and see a half-speed Andre Johnson?”
I’ll let you think about that for a second.
- You did it again Sparano! If you’re looking for a coach with consistency, look no further!
- Eight NFL weeks after declaring he was a Top-5 QB, Eli is sitting at 7th in yards and TDs and 3rd in ratings.
- The World Series Cardinals did what they could to boost the Rams’ TV ratings for a day…
…but Bradford is still doubtful for Week 9.
- AJ Feeley had a pretty nice game… QB controversy?
(This is the same city we saw bench Warner for Bulger, after all)
- Anyone that thought Peyton should have more rings by now… yeah, sure.
- Chris Johnson. What a great investment.
- Mike Shannahan puts up his first ever shutout. Somewhere Al Davis is giggling.
- Just after being put on IR, Shawn Merriman had surgery and tweeted to let fans know “their prayers were answered” and he was ok.
That’s good, because fans were really worried about you contributing next year after putting up five sacks in the past four seasons.
- At Monday’s team meeting after a brutal loss to the Lions, Tim Tebow solemnly looked around the room before informing the Broncos’ players and coaching staff that “one of them would betray him.”
- People are saying Tim is the worst QB in the NFL. How did we all forget about McNabb so quickly?
- The city of Denver and the media has made it their personal prerogative to crucify Tim Tebow this week.
- In a typically awkward conversation between Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, Nantz noted that WR Mike Wallace is so dedicated he practically “lives in the Steeler’s training facility.”
..Simms then proceeded to discuss how similar this was to Tom Hanks living in an airport in his movie “Terminal.” For about two minutes.
- Overwhelming man-to-man coverage seemed to be a theme this week, and Tom Brady definitely got the worst of it.
There were times when he looked completely lost without Welker.
- Gronkowski put up a career high seven catches, and in the typical Patriot TE carousel – Hernandez got the TD.
- Kevin Faulk and Deion Branch both made some great plays against the Steelers. Get Troy Brown out there and we’d have ourselves a reunion.
- Despite being pronounced “Swee-Shum,” commentators can’t help but drive home the alliteration and say Shawn ShweeShum.
- The 49ers continue to be good. The Browns don’t.
- Heads up fantasy owners – Alex Smith if finally starting to look at his WRs.
Crabtree – 9 targets
Edwards – 7 targets
Vernon Davis – I hate you.
- Pete Carroll said on Monday he got too “hormonal” on the sideline.
I’m glad he’s finally saying what the rest of us have been thinking for years… You don’t need to start crying.
- There are very few things more infuriating than seeing delay of game not called on the defense.
Marshawn Lynch getting pinned and held to the ground as the half ticked away was one of those moments.
- There’s been a Pac-Man Jones sighting!!!
We let one criminal back into the NFL, I guess we have to let them all back. Thanks Ray Lewis, Donte Stallworth, Mike Vick, and Plaxico Burress.
…and they say the NFL has character problems!
- As a head coach, Andy Reid is 13-0 coming out of the bye week. Fully anticipate seeing a different Eagles team moving forward.
- You think Tony Romo wasn’t concerned about the Eagles’ cornerback trio? Austin and Bryant were shut out until close to the fourth quarter.
- With Cowboys’ punter Mat McBriar out on Sunday night, fans were more worried about Tony Romo holding than their placekicker punting.
- I lost my favorite hat on Splash Mountain one time; I filled out some paperwork, and a few weeks later Disney mailed it to me after they pulled it out of the ride’s filter.
It looked a lot like that thing Todd Haley has on his head.
- Haley has really taken his homeless look to a whole new level.
I can’t wait to see what his win-streak beard and hat look like in three weeks against the Pats after they beat Miami and Denver.
- I love Jon Gruden as a coach and commentator, but when he crushes on a player he comes on a little too strong.
Monday night’s love interest from pre-game to overtime: LB Derrick Johnson.
- Philip Rivers, meet Tony Romo.
Have questions? Need to know who to start Week 9? Leave a comment!